Exceptional Mexico Wingshooting and Fishing Lodge on Lake Guerrero
These Mexico dove hunts are perfect for both the dedicated sportsman and the no-nonsense businessman who wishes to treat his clients, family or friends to a first-class excursion.
White Winged Dove Hunt
The White-wing dove shooting here is nothing short of spectacular. Thousands of acres of corn and sorghum fields are close to the lodge. Extensive pre-hunt scouting keeps driving times to the shooting areas to a minimum.
- Dove hunting seasons:
- White-winged Dove: Early August through late of October
- Mourning Dove: Early August through late February
- On the dove field, there will be two bird boys waiting for you with a nice chair and a cooler full of soft drinks and beer.
- Your shotgun and shells will be handed by the van driver.
- After the morning hunt there are two options:
- They will set up a nice table, chairs and a nice umbrella so you can sit back and relax with a drink of your preference in your hand, talking with your hunting companions about that afternoon hunt.
- Come back to the lodge for lunch. There will be plenty of time for you to have a drink by the pool or a Mexican siesta if needed.
- After that, he head out to the afternoon hunt for another exciting hunt.
Resources for this trip:
The Hacienda also offers spectacular duck hunting on Lake Guerrero for over 11 different species including: all 3 teals, pintails, widgeons, gadwalls, ringnecks, bluebills, shoveleres, mottled ducks, redheads, canvasbacks, black bellied whistling tree ducks, and more…All of them usually in their full plumage.
- Waterfowl season is Early November through late February.
- Early in the morning your guides will drive to a big pong/small lake or to Lake Guerrero.
- Two hunters per blind and a guide who will assist you with the decoys, calling and picking up the dead birds.
- If available you can also hunt geese. They get Specks, Snows, Blues and Ross goose. We hunt over cut sorghum and corn fields. We use layout blinds, around 600-900 decoys and electronic calls.
Wild Bobwhite Quail Hunting
The Hacienda conducts traditional walk-up quail hunts behind pointers on fence rows, tree and brush lines and in grain fields. One sportswriter called them, “the wildest, fastest quail he had ever seen.”
- Bobwhite Quail season is early November through late February
- On the quail hunt, you will be greeted by our dog handler, bird boys and a truck with a quail rig.
- You will hunt over dogs if the terrain and weather are good or you will work the pastures and edge rows on a typical “walk up” style hunt.
- The dog handlers have extensive experience hunting quail in Mexico.
- They prefer to match three hunters with each handler and will not exceed four hunters per handler.
Lodging and Accommodations
A retreat that offers total privacy, world famous hunting and fishing.
- Built in 1985, this hunting lodge in Mexico has no equal in this ruggedly beautiful land.
- The Hacienda has been carefully developed and lovingly maintained.
- Countless exotic flowering plants and fruit trees surround the Hacienda.
- The bar, deck, pool and jacuzzi all offer panoramic views of Lake Guerrero and the surrounding mountainous countryside.
- Sleeping accommodations are luxurious.
- Each of our 13 suites have a seating area and private bath.
- Other amenities include Trap shooting, a large pool, jacuzzi, WIFI, satellite dish, large screen TV, back-up generators and a paved 3,000’ runway located one mile from the Hacienda.
All wingshooting packages can be paired with some bass fishing outings on Lake Guerrero.
You fly to either McAllen or Brownsville, Texas.
- There will be a van and a driver waiting for you at the baggage claim area to help you get your luggage in the van and drive you safely to the lodge.
- This is a 3:30 hour drive from the border to the lodge.
If you want to skip the border crossing, you can fly to Monterrey, Mexico.
- (3:30 hour drive to the lodge) or you can fly direct to the lodge and land in our own private landing strip.
- A private charter can be arranged if you desire.
- Arriving to the lodge you will be greeted by our staff with awesome Margaritas.
- You will have a quick lunch at the lodge and head to the field for an afternoon dove hunt.
- You will drive in a van with your driver to a field full of doves. The drives to the fields go from 30 to 60 minutes average.
On the last day, you will hunt in the morning, head back to the lodge for lunch and go back to the airport/city where you´re flying from.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Full open bar
- Hunting license and fishing license
- Travel to and from the lodge
- Gun rental
- Shotgun shells
- Tips are not included in your package. Bird boy tips run from 10-25 dollars per outing per bird boy. We also ask for a household tip of $150 dollars per hunter for your entire trip.
- Trip Insurance
Photos from this Hunt:
We look forward to assisting you in finding and booking an amazing hunt with the best guides and outfitters in the world. Contact us to get on the books.