Arkansas Fly Fishing Lodge #OI-WOA1
Trout Capital USA
The White and Norfork Rivers in Arkansas offer the angling opportunity of a lifetime for both the experienced angler and the first time fly fisher. The management of these fisheries continues to improve each year and they have produced numerous state and world records. There is an excellent stocking program of rainbow cutthroat and brook trout, and the rivers have each fostered the natural production of wild brown trout.
World Class fly fishing Arkansas White and Norfork Rivers for four species of trout from a spectacular lodge.
- Four Species of Trout: Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Bonneville Cutthroat, Finespot Cutthroat, and Brook Trout.
- Difficulty: Beginner to Advanced. This Arkansas fly fishing guide will show you a great time no matter your skill level.
- Lodging: Located in the heart of the Ozarks, the fishing lodge sits on the banks of a river that is world-famous or trout fishing, within view of “The Narrows”.
- Year-Round Fishing:
- Late November through early March – Streamer fishing is the best option.
- March through May – Ccaddis flies begin to hatch. This is an excellent time of year for both novice and experienced anglers to catch not only lots of fish but trophy fish as well on dries and nymph imitations.
- June through September – The most exciting fly fishing is from June through September, as there are LOTS of terrestrial insects. Grasshoppers, cicadas, beetles, dragonflies and even tarantulas become important food sources for trout and they concentrate along the banks.
The White River
Fly fishing Arkansas White River with this outfitter is something special…and it’s arguably the best brown trout fishery in the US. It’s a great affordable destination to bring a son or daughter who is a beginner at fly-fishing, or for the advanced angler looking to target a truly once in a lifetime brown trout. The White River has over 100 mile of trout water and fish averaging 18 to 22 inches. Each year, many fish caught that weigh in over 10 pounds!
The White River is a truly world class fishery like few others anywhere in the world. Its reputation as a wild brown trout fishery is well deserved, producing some monster “once in a lifetime” fish. Chasing these trophies can be an immensely rewarding challenge. The White River is also heavily stocked with 12 to 14 inch rainbow trout to provide consistent sport all year round on all water levels for all skill levels. Some rainbows, and cutthroat, can be still found well over 20 inches, truly remarkable captures.
The Norfork River
When fishing with this Arkansas fly fishing guide, you might take a break from the White River browns to float the Norfork for rainbows, cutthroats, and brookies. The Norfork River is a smaller river, that’s only about five miles, yet it boasts large populations of browns and rainbows. In addition the Norfork has some large 20+ inch Bonneville and Finespot cutthroat trout as well as a few trophy Brook trout.
- All inclusive all tackle, flies, rods and reels.
- Drinks, and lunches during fishing trip.
- Outfitter pick up and drop off to boat launches/fishing locations.
Pricing and Available Dates Provided Upon Request
*Prices subject to change without notice, so lock your price in with a deposit asap.
Are you already an OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL client?
Contact your Consultant *Be sure to reference trip #OI-WOA1
- Licenses. You will need a 3 day out-of-state licence and permit.
- Travel costs to area.
- Airport shuttles available upon request with an additional fee.
- Trip Insurance
Lodging and Accommodations
This fishing lodge is located in the heart of the Ozarks on a peaceful country road near Cotter Arkansas.
The property provides 475 feet of frontage on a river world famous for trout fishing. The riverbank is great for fly-fishing. Via the river, they are just 8 ½ miles downstream from Bull Shoals Dam, about 2 miles down from White Hole and 3 miles up from Wildcat Shoals. The Narrows is actually within view from our bank. We are situated in a prime spot for fishing for huge brown as well as large rainbow and stockers.
Flexible accommodations are nestled by the waters’ edge with a view of majestic bluffs and clear trout waters. There is also lots of comfortable deck space with outdoor dining options. The lodge has three levels, each self-contained with the modern conveniences we’ve all become accustomed to, including separate central heat and air units for each floor. They have rewired the lodge to provide ceiling fans and modern lighting. Each level has a private deck, but there are two community decks available, which are down by the water. Our guests can share them or if someone wishes to use the community deck for a special event, they may do so by renting the whole lodge for the minimum stay and paying a nominal refuse fee.
- Upstairs 1-2 One bedroom, den, kitchenette, and full bath. This level has a TV with DSS, refrigerator-freezer, microwave, coffee maker, and a charcoal grill on a private covered deck
- Main Level 1-4 Two bedrooms, great-room with fireplace and kitchen, and full bath
- Down stairs 1-6 Two bedrooms, den with fireplace, separate kitchen, and full bath
- We have outdoor dining available on each level with ceiling fans, lighting, and outdoor furniture. We provide charcoal and lighter, wood for the fireplaces, coffee, paper towels, soap, and a few spices as well. All you really need is your food.
- Can Rent Entire Lodge 16 people The Upstairs and Downstairs can each accommodate two extra people with the use of futons and a roll away.
Professional staff of six guides for a total of 12 fisherman.
Pricing and Available Dates Provided Upon Request
Our hunters enjoy great success.
Arrive the afternoon before check-in is from 3-11pm, fish 3 days, stay the 4th night and check out by 11am the following morning. Guides will communicate meeting/pick up times.
- Little Rock, AR (2:45 hours)
- Springfield, MO (2 hours)
- Memphis TN (3.5 hours)
- Harrison,AR (HRO) 45 miles
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let’s start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your trip, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what kind of trip you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.