Roosevelt Elk Hunt in Washington
This is a town-based hunt where you stay at a local motel and eat breakfast and evening meals at a couple local cafes. Your guide picks you up early each morning and you travel to nearby hunting areas consisting of a mix of public and private ground. The outfitter has his own 2,000 acre property, plus access to thousands of acres of private Timber Company ground.
If you are in the market for a Roosevelt elk, this hard-working, knowledgeable outfitter will not disappoint, and it’s a hunt you can plan without the worry of having to draw a tag! Just make your plans and go hunting. These hunts run 90% + opportunity historically for all weapons each year and they target mature, Roosevelt bulls, especially during archery and muzzleloader seasons. Rifle hunts are high success but a post rut hunt in November.
These hunts are conducted in western Washington on a 1×1 basis with the Outfitter himself involved in every hunt.
- Roosevelt elk are the biggest bodied elk in the Country.
- Over the counter tags, 90%+ opportunity.
- Archery, muzzleloader and rifle options.
- Experienced outfitter running customized hunts on a mix of private and public ground.
- Sleep in a bed after a hot shower every night.
Dates and Pricing
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Logistical help with transportation, lodging, tags and hunt planning before and after hunt by consultant.
- 1×1 guiding
- All trophy care (SKINNING OF ANIMAL) packing out of animal
- Field care of meat for processing
- Cold storage of meat and hide until departure
- All in field transportation and meals
- Some filming available on request
- Motel lodging as well as breakfast/evening meals (expect $150 per night total)
- License and tags
- Transportation to and from hunter’s home to Forks, Washington
- Meat processing
- Trip Insurance is highly recommended for any hunt.
Lodging is not included.
- There are hotel options or a local bed-and-breakfast.
- Meals on your own at local restaurants except lunches. Most hunt days are full days in field.
- Outfitter and 2 guides run all hunts; experienced guides, outfitter guides as many hunts himself as possible.
- Transportation by 4×4 truck and 4-wheelers.
- Guides handle all field care and packing of animals unless hunter wants to assist.
- Hunting by calling, spot & stalk.
You will be picked up each morning from the motel early, travel to the hunt area, hunt all day calling, spotting and stalking and potentially sitting waterholes and clear cuts with travel corridors. Lunch in the field is provided. Return each night to the comfort of a hot shower and good bed back at the motel.
- Most hunters fly to Seattle (Sea-Tac) and rent a car for the short drive to Forks, Washington.
- It is a 3 hour drive to Forks, WA.
- Flying from SEATAC to Port Angeles is also an option (short flight). Rent a car from there, or the outfitter will pick up for a fee.