Western Alaska Range Dall Sheep Hunt
This is a high success, fly-in, backpack style sheep hunt in the Western Alaska Range.
This outfitter has been guiding sheep in the Alaska range and for over a decade, and runs an amazing 90% plus success rate on full curl rams! Although not known as as a “trophy” sheep area, there are 40 inch, 170-class Boone and Crockett rams taken in the Western Alaska Range nearly every season. Most of our hunters take rams in the 36 to 38 1/2 inch range, with the largest to date being a 40 inch ram scoring 166.
- High Success fly in — backpack style, Alaska Dall sheep hunt.
- Hunts take place between August 8, and September 20th.
- The Western Alaska Range is approx. 100 miles west of Anchorage, Alaska.
- Full curl rams in the 36-40 inch range.
- 1:1 guided, 10-day trip, including travel days.
- Guaranteed Dall sheep tag.
- Combo with caribou, and/or a wolf.
Resources for this hunt:
- Lodging and Accommodations
- Gear List
- Travel Information
- Hunt Reports and Lodge Reviews
- Photo Gallery
- Booking Your Trip
Lodging and Accommodations
This is a backpack-style tent hunt, and you’ll be eating they typical Mountain House type meals until sheep backstraps can be enjoyed!
You’ll be hunting with seasoned experienced guides (including archery guides) and a very experienced “hands-on” outfitter who is in the field and guiding himself throughout the year. Your air taxi pilots will be top of the line and a safe track record.
From base camp you and your guide will be glassing for a legal ram. Or you may head out with a light spike camp to check out nearby drainages know to contain good populations of Dall sheep and also mature rams. A typical day in this area will have you looking at several bands of rams each day in search of your trophy ram.
- Hunters fly commercially to the Anchorage, Alaska Airport.
- You will be flown in by bush plane to one of several small airstrips located right in the heart of sheep country. You may have sheep that can be seen very close to base camp.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- 10 day hunt including travel days to and from camp.
- Your own professional guide.
- In-field meat and trophy care.
- Airport pick up.
- Meals and lodging during the hunt.
- Hunting license, and tags.
- Airfare to Anchorage
- Additional lodging before and after the hunt.
- Trophy expediting and taxidermy.
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing.
If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you. Remember, our service is free to you. There are no added costs.