South Dakota Buffalo Hunt
Excellent Hunting, Comfortable Lodging, Top Notch Customer Service, and Great Food!
You will be hunting on the rolling grass hills of north-eastern South Dakota on the same open Plains that Native Americans once hunted bison a century ago.
- Hunt trophy bulls, smaller bulls or cows depending on your budget.
- Hunting season runs from early December through February.
- You can hunt bison with your bow, a muzzleloader, pistol or a rifle (minimum .27 caliber).
- You’ll be hunting bison on a huge ranch of 7,000 acres of prairie land.
- This is one of the most affordable, well-run ranches that we know of to take a nice bull on a quality hunt.
More Resources for this Hunt
- Lodging and Accommodations
- Gear List
- Travel Information
- Read Hunt Reports and Outfitter Reviews
- Photo Gallery
- Booking Your Trip
Lodging and Accommodations
The accommodations insure your time away from the field will be very comfortable.
Our South Dakota hunting lodge offers private lodging for various sized groups which allows you to never have to share your place with other hunters. It is your private place while hunting with us.
Meals include home-cooked buffet style meals that will have you gaining weight on your hunting trip not loosing it!
Our hard-working guides are experienced and will help you field judge your animal to ensure you harvest the bison you are looking for.
Located just south of Aberdeen, South Dakota in the town of Athol.
- From Aberdeen, South Dakota: At the junction of Hwy 12 and Hwy 281, head south on Hwy 281 for approximately 31 miles. Turn right or west on 165th Street and drive for 4 miles (stay on the paved road). Once you have gone 4 miles, you will come into a little town called Athol. Look for the outfitters’ sign on your right side. You’ve arrived!
- From Redfield, South Dakota: At the junction of Hwy 212 and Hwy 281, head North on Hwy 281 for approximately 7 miles. Turn left or west on 165th Street and drive 4 miles (stay on the paved road). Once you have gone 4 miles, you will come into a little town called Athol. Look for our sign on your right side. You’ve arrived!
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
This South Dakota Bison Hunt Includes:
- Lodging with Wireless Internet, Satellite TV, and more…
- Ground Blinds
- Field Transportation
- Field Dressing
- Meat processing
- 6.5% South Dakota State Sales Tax
- Staff Gratuities
- Trip Insurance
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing.
If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you. Remember, our service is free to you. There are no added costs.