Western Experience Bison Hunting Ranch
This is a true western ranch hunt experience, and a wonderful off-season chance to fill your freezer with some of the healthiest meat available.
Hunt the same plains country where “Dances With Wolves” was filmed. You will spend two nights on the ranch while guided to your bison on over 7,000 acres of a 4th generation working cattle ranch. You can hunt your buffalo with a bow, black powder rifle or large caliber rifle.
You can hunt the animal of your choice ranging from a trophy bull, younger bull, meat cow or even a yearling calf. Don’t underestimate the size and looks of a cow as they too produce large amounts of meat, a beautiful hide and a nice skull for mounting. After you have shot your bison, they will transport your animal to a processing facility nearby that specializes in bison. You keep all your buffalo meat!
- Fully guided hunt on “7,000-plus acres – 3 1/2 square miles of untamed plains” of the ranch where the buffalo roam free. This DOES NOT feel like a fenced hunt!
- Trophy bulls are available. The largest bull that has been taken at the ranch weighed over 2,100 lbs. , younger trophy bulls weigh 1,200-1,500 lbs., cows 2 to 4 yrs of age weigh 900- 1,100 lbs.
- Ranch house accommodations and home cooked meals.
- All inclusive includes two nights and morning and evening meals, guided trophy bison hunt, transportation of your bison to a nearby slaughter facility.
- You keep hide, skull and all the meat, world class taxidermy can be arranged for hide and skull (not included).
- Hunting is spot-and-stalk but can upgrade to a true western horseback hunt experience for an additional fee.
- Now offering a special upgrade: Hunt on horseback for the ultimate western experience.
Resources for this hunting trip:
Lodging and Accommodations
- Ranch house accommodations on site.
- Home-cooked morning and evening meals provided.
- Hunts are guided 1×1 or 2×2 by the ranch owner personally. This is typically a one day hunt.
- You’ll start with breakfast at the ranch house, then venture into the 3 1/2 square mile set of canyons and breaks where the bison hang out.
- The nearest airport Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Upon booking, the outfitter will give you directions to the ranch.
If you’re looking for some great fishing without having to deal with a huge resort atmosphere, this place is for you!
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
This Hunt Includes:
- All inclusive includes two nights and morning and evening meals buffalo hunting.
- Includes guided trophy bison hunt by the pound, and transportation of your bison to a nearby slaughter facility that specializes in bison. You keep all your meat!
- Airport pickup and return can be arranged.
- Trip Insurance
- Meat processing
- Taxidermy, gratuities
- Transportation from hunters home to and from ranch.
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.