FISHING TRIP #OI-LU1
Saskatchewan Fishing Lodge
The largest Lake Trout ever recorded came out of Lake Athabasca, Saskatchewan!
Lake Athabasca is the 9th largest lake in North America and boasts a reputation for some of the largest freshwater fish in the world. The largest Lake Trout ever recorded was caught here, and it weighed in at a whopping 102 pounds! The Canadian record for Northern pike was also caught here weighing in at 42 pounds. If you’ve never felt the power of a 25 pound Lake trout or if you’ve never caught a 40” pike on a fly rod, this trip should be on your bucket list.
- Remote, fishing lodge in a roadless area.
- Fish for lake trout, Northern pike or both.
- You can expect to catch pike over 40 inches, and lake trout over 20 pounds.
- Fly fishing can be amazing as well!
- Saskatchewan fishing season starts the 3rd Friday in June & goes to the first Friday in October.
More resources for this fishing trip:
Lodging and Accommodations
- The cabins are 2 person. Full bathrooms on each.
- The main lodge where the food is served and lies are told is steps away from your cabin.
- The day starts with breakfast to order between the times of 5:30AM to 7:30 AM.
- If you choose to have shore lunch, that will typically happen around noon. If you wish not to have a shore lunch we will pack a lunch for you.
- Supper is buffet style, served at 7:00PM. Typical meals are Steak, Ribs, Turkey, Chicken etc.
- If people have allergies we will work around them to provide everyone with great meals.
- Rain gear
- Water resistant footwear
- Warm weather and cold weather clothing (t-shirts and sweatshirts)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Personal medication (10 day supply)
- Personal toiletries (basics of soaps and shampoo are supplied at the lodge)
- Fly fishing gear – nothing smaller than an 9wt for pike and trout, fluorocarbon or Tyger leader, floating and intermediate sink line. Clouser and streamer style flies, poppers as well as sinking.
Your week starts with a Cessna Caravan flight from Fort McMurray, Alberta in to Johnston Island on Lake Athabasca Saskatchewan.
Once you arrive in camp you will be greeted by Cap’n Bruce and the crew. You will be introduced by all the staff and get to meet your guide that is appointed to you for the week..Enjoy the privacy with your fishing partner in your own cabin with a full bathroom, heat, electricity and 24/7 wifi.
Your guide and boat will be ready to leave the dock at 8:00AM. Whether you want to fish for Northern Pike or Lake Trout, the guide will have a day planned to meet your interests. Everyone will return back to camp at 6:00PM.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Return Airfare from Fort McMurray to the Lodge
- All Meals & Accommodations
- One Guide for every 2 anglers – All guides are experienced and have been working for Lakers Unlimted for many years.
- Fishing Gear (except fly fishing tackle)
- Transportation to Fort McMurray
- Liquor or Pop
- Fishing License – $100 CAD (angler must purchase online prior to trip)
- Staff gratuities. *They work hard for you, so please be generous.
- Trip Insurance
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.