Texas Heli-Hog Hunt
We think this is the best heli-hunting experience in Texas.
The state of Texas has the largest feral hog population in the country, estimated to exceed 2 million. Trapping, ground hunting and night shooting simply has not kept up with the exponential rise in population – or the devastation they cause for farmers and ranchers. Where practical, population control by aerial shooting is the most effective means of control.
Our outfitter has over 2 million acres of leased land in Central Texas and has the highest per-hour harvest rate in the industry!
With access to up to six full-time helicopters, they can tailor almost any group size for a top notch heli-hog hunt. Their full time pilots are the best in the business with a safety first attitude, 35+ years of flying experience and tens of thousands of logged flight hours. The helicopters are well maintained, and you can rest assured that they’ll put you on the hogs every time.
- Hunt millions of leased acres.
- LOTS of pigs and high success is the norm. On a good outing, you can shoot over 200 hogs!
- Hunting season is February through May, based on availability
- Excellent safety record.
- Lower pricing than the rest of the heli-hunting industry.
- All guns and 2,500 rounds of ammunition are included. The outfitter will supply you with the highest grade AR-15s and AK-47’s with suppressors and optics. For clients who wish to bring their own, please inquire about the requirements as safety is our top priority.
- Read Trip Reports and Outfitter Reviews.
Lodging and Accommodations
- They have numerous lodges and homes spread out throughout the leased properties. We select the best location for our clients depending upon concentration and location of the animals.
- Fully prepared meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Custom menus are available upon booking.
Typical Daily Schedule
- You’ll fly into Midland International Airport (MAF) in Midland, TX or San Angelo Regional Airport (SJT) where the outfitter will pick you up upon arrival.
Gear List for a Texas Heli-Hunt
Proper clothing and your hunting license. That’s all you need.
- If it’s warm you’ll be fine with shorts/jeans and a short sleeved shirt.
- If it’s cold you’ll want wind-blocking clothing that’s warm. Don’t confuse warm with bulky though, quarters are tight so space is precious.
- We suggest a hat/beanie, sunglasses for the win and thin shooting gloves that allow for weapon operation.
- We will supply you with the highest grade AR-15s and AK-47’s with suppressors and optics.
- For clients who wish to bring their own weapons, please inquire about the requirements as safety is our top priority.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
This Texas Heli-Hunt Includes
- 16 hours of flight time
- Two and a half days of shooting
- Top shelf suppressed rifles with optics
- All ammunition (2500 rounds, additional rounds can be purchased)
- Lodging – 2 nights, 2.5 days
- Video and photo package
- Fully prepared meals*, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Airport transportation from San Angelo or Midland International Airport (MAF)
- Custom menus available upon booking. Pricing and Available Dates Provided Upon Request
- Before and after accommodations
- Trip Insurance
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.