Central Texas Dove Hunts
This is a fun, quick dove hunt over a weekend, with lodging, food and two days of dove hunting. They even throw in a sporting clays shoot for you.
A central Texas dove hunt at its finest with some of the most beautiful sunsets you will ever see. Be prepared for two evening dove hunts over native sunflower fields located in Brown and Coleman Counties. Eat some of the finest meals you will be talking about for weeks to come. Enjoy visiting with other hunters from all over while watching the games on the big screen or playing cards or domino’s while enjoying cocktails at the bar.
A guide and a guides helper provided for each 20-25 person group. Once you arrive at the field clients are placed in a trailer to be taken around the field to be placed in a predetermined spot to give the clients the best possible opportunity to harvest doves. They will be checked on by the guides throughout the afternoon hunt and provided with drinks and shells as needed. After the hunt they will be picked back up in the trailer and taken back to camp to check in their birds and travel back to the lodge.
Two half-day dove hunts with two nights of lodging.
- Dove season is September 1, through October 15.
- Located at the Texas 4-H Center on Lake Brownwood.
- Hunt native sunflower fields in Brown and Coleman counties.
- Hund different fields every day – Two evening dove hunts, shells provided (12,16 & 20 gauge), along with water, gatorade and camp stools with an insulated compartment for cold drinks and an ammunition box that holds three to four boxes of shells.
- Staff will supply additional shells and cold drinks as needed at the field location.
- Two types lodging are available:
- Dorm room setting for up to 6 people
- Lodge with double occupancy
- Six home cooked meals.
- Morning are spent shooting at the sporting clays range.
- Your guide will clean the birds and package them in a cooler for the trip home.
- Special, or private hunts can be arranged between the regular weekend hunts. A minimum of 25 hunters is required.
Lodging and Accommodations
We offer 2 types of lodging: Dorm and Leadership lodge. We do have WiFi, big screen tv, cards, poker chips, dominoes, and trails for walking, hiking or running, and we are located on the beautiful Lake Brownwood that has some of the best fishing in the area. All linens and towels are provided.
- Dorm style lodging is for up to 6 people with multiple showers provided.
- Leadership Lodge style is for 2 people more like a hotel setting.
- Meals are included.
BBQ – ribs, smoked turkey breast, sausage, brisket, beans, potato salad, cornbread and rolls, salad bar, apple, peach and blackberry cobblers with ice cream, tea and lemonade. After the 1st evening hunt there will be hors d’oeuvres ready at the lodge – queso and hot sauce and chips.
Mexican feast – green chili casserole, chicken enchiladas, refried beans, mexican rice, salad bar, sopapilla cheesecake, tea and lemonade
Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee and juice.
Fried catfish, corn, hushpuppies, black eyed peas, hashbrown casserole, coleslaw, soup,salad bar, carrot cake, chocolate cake, tea and lemonade. Peel your own shrimp in the field after your second hunt.
Hand cut mesquite grill steak, baked potato, fried okra, green beans, dinner roll, salad bar, bread pudding with whiskey sauce, tea and lemonade.
2nd Breakfast (last meal)
Continental breakfast – cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, breakfast bars, kolaches, coffee and juice.
- Arrive around 11:00 on the first day. and Depart by 8:00 am on the last day. This allows time to assign quarters and change into hunting clothes before lunch. Lunch is served promptly at 1:00 P.M.
- Nearest airport is DFW, Austin or Lubbock. There are also airports in Brownwood and Coleman.
- The Brownwood, Texas Airport, located 15 miles away, provides adequate facilities for most private or corporate aircraft (day or night). If you are flying private, please coordinate your arrival time with the outfitter, so you can be picked up at Brownwood Airport between 10:00 and 11:00 A.M. on arrival date.
- You will hunt the same day you arrive.
Clients check in around 11:00 to fill out paperwork and get their room assignments before they sit down for lunch. After lunch they can relax before traveling to the field for their afternoon dove hunt. After the hunt and checking in their birds to be cleaned the clients can travel back to the lodge for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres before supper.
The next morning starts off with breakfast at 8:00 am and following breakfast the clients are to travel to our sporting clays range by 9:00 to compete for prizes. Following the shooting range we will have lunch and another afternoon dove hunt in a different field. After the hunt and checking in their birds the clients can help themselves to peel your own shrimp in the field before traveling back to the lodge for cocktails and supper.
The next morning a light breakfast is served at 7:00 am and they can pick up their packaged birds for their travels home.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Lodging with six meals
- Shotguns (if needed)
- 12,16 and 20 gauge shells
- Sporting clays range shoot
- Drinks and stools for the hunt
- Guides will clean and package birds
- Hunting clothes, rain slicker
- Bird bag
- Texas hunting license,
- Transportation to and from the field or sporting clays range or airport
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
Photos from this dove hunt:
We look forward to assisting you in finding and booking an amazing fishing trip with the best guides and outfitters in the world. Contact us to get on the books.