Namibia Free Range Hunting Safari
The main hunting concession is based in the Khomas Highland Mountains just South West of Windhoek, Namibia. It is a 52,000 acre ranch, and all low fence, free range hunting for plains game and also leopard. The area has plentiful, native plains game in big numbers and of excellent trophy quality.
The terrain has many mountains and big flat open areas between them.
You can expect to take a few long shots when you are a rifle hunter, but we are also set up for bowhunters with blinds at water wholes. For those that want to do same walking and stalking with the bow that will also be possible, but will definitely be a challenge.
- Khomas highland mountains area.
- Free range hunting for native springbuck, gemsbuck, kudu, black wildebeest and much more…
- Excellent trophy quality can be expected on all game.
- Comfortable lodging
- Traditional cuisine with a lot of game meat and South African wines
- If you wish to hunt for species that are non-indigenous to Namibia, the neighbor does have a 15,000 acre high fence concession that you can hunt as well.
Namibia is a fantastic place for the family to come and hunt together and just share the experience
.You will be guided by an experienced PH and that will cater to all your needs and give you the best possible experience and opportunities. Winters are very mild in the area and is only a bit cool during early morning hours and in the evening.
- The United States, as well as some other countries, require a CITES permit for the importation of a leopard hunting trophy. This permit needs to be applied for before the leopard hunt takes place.
- Namibia leopard hunting may not take place during the period between 30 minutes after sunset in any day and 30 minutes before sunrise the following day.
- Artificial light is prohibited.
- Mature males only.
- Namibia does not allow bowhunting leopard as dangerous game species cannot be hunted in Namibia by bow.
- As soon as you arrive, you will hunt bait on a trophy fee basis.
- If you are not successful on your leopard hunt, there is a refund.
Lodging and Accommodations
- Comfortable lodging with ensuite bathrooms.
- Hot and cold running water.
- Traditional Namibian/ South African cuisine with game meat and South African wines.
- You will have the opportunity to eat some of the tenderloins from the animals you hunted.
- Mostly 1×1 but we also do 2×1 guiding
- 4×4 hunting vehicles
- PH and staff to all the work regarding collection of trophies and packing out meat
- You will fly commercial to Windhoek International Airport
- The outfitter will pick you up at the airport and drive you to the hunting area. (just under 3 hours drive)
- Pick up and drop off included in price.
Typical Daily Schedule
- Breakfast will start about 30 min before sunrise and as soon as it is light we will head out hunting for the morning.
- Typically, we will start off by driving around with the hunting vehicle until a good trophy animal is spotted. At that point, we’ll drive out of sight and then slowly make our way back on foot. We never shoot from the vehicle.
- Many times we will also stop the vehicle in an area that looks good, and just go take a hike. Once we see something that we are after, we will discuss a few plans and then take it from there.
- Lunch is normally around 12:00. Around that time, we will head back to the lodge, have a good lunch.
- Usually we’ll rest a bit and wait for it to cool down again before we head out for the afternoon and then hunt till it gets dark.
- Once we are back at the lodge for the evening you can kick off your shoes and relax at the campfire and have a few drinks till we have dinner.
- After dinner we head back out again and sit around the campfire and tell more stories.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Transportation from International Airport to hunting camp and return
- Full time service of a licensed and experienced Professional Hunter
- Driver, tracker and skinner
- Service of all camp staff
- Accommodation, all meals, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Laundry services
- Skinning and field preparation of trophies
- Government hunting licenses and permit fees
- Includes 15% VAT (Value added tax)
- Trip Insurance
- Accommodation prior to and after safari
- Airfare to country of safari
- Trophy fees on animals wounded and lost
- Taxidermy work and shipping of trophies to final destination
- Rifle hire and ammunition at $40 per day plus ammunition
- Gratuities for staff
- CITES fees
- Additional trips
- Medical expenses (please have own medical insurance)
- 3% service fee that will be added to any Visa or Mastercard payments.
Photos from our Namibia hunting safaris:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.