Alaska Flyout Fishing Lodge
This 5-Star flyout Alaska fishing lodge on the Naknek River in the Bristol Bay region is located smack dab in the beating heart of the largest salmon runs in the world.
Situated about seven miles downstream from Naknek Lake on the Naknek River, this flyout fishing lodge offers anglers access to all five species of Pacific salmon and trophy rainbow trout. Right next door is Katmai National Park and Preserve, which contains such famous rivers as the Brooks, Moraine, Battle, Contact and Kulik to name a few. You can leave the crowds behind with fly outs to all the rivers in Katmai as well as the more remote rivers on the Alaskan Peninsula!
Daily fly-outs to many rivers located in and around Katmai National Park and the Alaskan Peninsula.
This is a fly-out lodge and guests utilize three different airplanes to access the many different fishing locations. Jet boats stashed at various locations within our 150 mile operating radius, rafts that your guide can pack into small remote streams, as well as a fleet of jet boats that sit in front of the lodge ready to fish their home waters. This gives you the guest the option of a dynamic trip with the ability to fish new watershed each day.
The main thing that separates this fishing program from others is the fact that you design your own trips. There isn’t any set destination list – we make recommendations based on your goals and desires and you make the decision where you want to go the next day!
The opportunities and amount of water to fish from this lodge are endless.
- Prime location on the Naknek River and easy to travel to from Anchorage, Alaska.
- Fishing for all species of pacific salmon, trout, dolly varden, Arctic char, and grayling.
- Top of the line, well maintained planes, jet boats, gear and guides.
- Daily fly-outs to many rivers located in and around Katmai National Park and the Alaskan Peninsula.
- Customized itineraries for more hardcore anglers.
- Hiking, wildlife viewing, flight-seeing to famous Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park. Salmon will be jumping over the falls while bears are standing in the river trying to catch them!
Additional, Non-fishing Activities
Hiking, wildlife viewing, flight-seeing to famous Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park. Salmon will be jumping over the falls while bears are standing in the river trying to catch them!
Also available for the more hardcore anglers is a hike in program.
This outfitter has access to and the ability to offer many hike in trips to lesser known rivers in Alaska. These trips are limited to the athletic hard core angler and can be arranged with communication between outfitter and guide before your trip.
Lodging and Accommodations
Rustic Luxury Lodging on 60 acres of private property with about 1 mile of river frontage.
Large living area in the lodge to hangout and relax before and after your day of fishing. There are eight spacious and double occupancy rooms, each with a private bathroom & shower. The lodge also has a hot tub, sauna, satellite television and on staff masseuse. The lodge can accommodate single anglers in the event the week is not booked full. There is also a two bedroom house on the hill to accommodate 3-4 anglers.
Chef prepared meals with fresh ingredients.
You will enjoy this part of your trip as you will enjoy the 5-star dining that is offered with this package.
- Breakfast – buffet style, fresh fruit, Starbucks coffee, tea, and juice.
- Lunch – depending where you are fishing you will be served a hot shore lunch of fresh salmon, picnic lunch, or hot lunch at the lodge.
- Dinner – You can enjoy a cold beer and appetizer at the bar before your salad, dinner, and dessert. The dinner setting is 5-star yet casual, after all this is a remote Alaskan lodge!
- Wine and beer are served with dinners and hard liquor is offered at an additional price.
Typical Daily Schedule
Your daily schedule depends on whether you will be flying out to fish the day or fishing the home waters in front of the lodge. Orientation upon arrival at the lodge will help you understand just how your week will go.
- Each morning starts with a hearty buffet style breakfast, complete with Starbucks coffee, tea, and juice.
- After breakfast you will gear up and head out to fish the home water via jet boat or climb into one of the float planes for your fly out to a more remote river.
- From here the rivers are fished a variety of ways, jet boats, rafts, or hiking into these rivers. You will break for lunch which will be served on the river.
- After your day of fishing you will return to the lodge and have time for a hot shower before appetizers are served.
Guides are professionals and have been with the lodge for a long time.
They know the many rivers we fish and can teach new anglers and also offer advice and techniques to the advanced angler. Guides have been trained to operate jet boats as well as safety that must come along with any fishing adventure in Alaska.
- Guiding is 2×1
- Angler experience is Beginner to Advance.
These trips are operated on a Friday to Friday Schedule. Travel is easy once you get to Anchorage.
The lodge will arrange your flight from Anchorage to King Salmon. The details will be relayed to you nearer your trip date. Please forward your commercial flight details (not included, independently arranged) as soon as possible. The lodge will use these to schedule your flight to King Salmon.
You will want to arrive before 12pm in Anchorage on the day of your trip. You will be met in baggage claim by the lodge expeditor and he will transfer you to your flight to King Salmon (included in package)
Note: If you cannot arrive in Anchorage before 12:00PM, you may elect to overnight prior to this day (independently arranged, not included). Guest staying overnight in Anchorage will be picked up at their hotel buy our expediter.
You will then be will be met at the King Salmon airport by a lodge representative and shuttled to Rapids Camp Lodge. The drive takes about 15 minutes. You can get settled in and prepare your gear for the following day. There is no fishing on the day of arrival.
The morning after breakfast and packing, you will be transferred to King Salmon, Alaska where you will take a commercial plane back to Anchorage (flight is included in your package price). Please send us your full flight itinerary and if possible, book your departure from Anchorage anytime after 5:00PM.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
This Naknek River Fishing Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Anchorage to King Salmon
- Deluxe accommodations
- Five days of fly-out guided fishing (weather permitting)
- All gourmet meals, beer, private label wine (hard liquor is available for sale)
- Loaner waders, boots, fly rods, and flies. (you can bring your own waders and boots but please remember felt is not allowed in Alaska and studs/spikes are not permitted at this lodge)
- Use of hot tub, sauna, satellite television and on staff masseuse (additional charge).
- Cleaning, boxing, and freezing of your fish for shipment home (Due to conservation efforts, we will only box up a MAXIMUM OF 50 LBS. OF FISH PER PERSON to take home, regardless of limits or catch)
- Trip Insurance
- Additional cost for the trip are travel to and any overnight lodging in Anchorage
- Alaska sport-fishing license
- Purchased liquor
- Gratuities for the staff *Please be generous they work hard for you!
Photos from this Alaska fishing trip:
We look forward to assisting you in finding and booking an amazing fishing trip with the best guides and outfitters in the world. Contact us to get on the books.