Bahamas Fly Fishing Lodge on South Andros Island
This Fishing Lodge in the Bahamas is Comfortable. Casual. Awesome.
The Bahamas are known for big bonefish, and this outfitter is known to produce. We feel confident that if you want to go fly fishing for bones, this is the trip for you. They’ll get you plenty of shots. We fish for bonefish, barracuda, sharks and more, and we occasionally have opportunities for shots at permit and tarpon. Guests stay at the lodge and go fishing with our guides out of flats skiffs.
The fishery on South Andros is huge, varied and productive.
We fish 4 parts of the island – tidal creeks on the East Side, hundreds of small keys off the southern tip of the island. The West Side of South Andros Island is known for large fish averaging 5-7 lbs with 10 pounders not being uncommon! “Let em run mon!” There are also inland ponds and creeks in the middle of the island.
Some areas tend to hold large groups of fish while others are home to larger fish in smaller groups – novice and expert anglers alike have a great time on the flats of South Andros. We have lots of opportunities for both wading and poling, depending on your preferences and conditions.
This is an incredible fishery, superb guides and the service is excellent. The environment… well, it’s the Bahamas.
- Whether you are a novice fisherman, or an expert, you will have a blast bonefishing on the flats of South Andros Island.
- Fishing season in the Bahamas runs from October through the beginning of June.
- There are a lot of opportunities for either wading or poling, depending on your preferences and the conditions.
- In addition to bonefish, you can fish for barracuda, sharks, and the occasional permit or tarpon.
- The location is epic, and the food is great. The overall feel is relaxing, but not formal.
Lodging and Accommodations
The location is epic, and the food is great. The overall feel is relaxing, but not formal. If you’re looking for linen tablecloths, you should look somewhere else. If you’re looking for clean, comfortable rooms, outstanding service and some of the best bonefishing in the world, this is the place for you.
This outfitter has some of the best guides in the business.
They will know exactly how to get you into fish based on your skill set and experience. Each of them grew up fishing the flats of South Andros Island and know it like the back of their hands. They know the tides, the fish, the mangrove backwaters, and exactly where to go and how to get you shots when conditions change. You will be in good hands.
- You can travel to South Andros Island in the Bahamas in one day of travelling.
- There are many flights into Nassau, Bahamas and two flights per day between Nassau and South Andros Island.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Double-occupancy guided fishing (two per boat)
- Single-occupancy lodging
- Meals, and all beverages
- Loaner gear and flies.
- Trip Insurance
- Travel to South Andros,
- 4% VAT (on the trip price)
- Gratuities for the guides and lodge staff.
Photos from this South Andros, Bahamas fishing trip:
Photos: Cameron Miller, Andros South Staff, Ric Fogel/Sportfolio
We look forward to assisting you in finding and booking an amazing fishing trip with the best guides and outfitters in the world. Contact us to get on the books.