Alaska Flyout Fishing Lodge
World Class fly fishing lodge in Western Alaska on the Kanektok River for salmon and big rainbow trout.
Does fast paced fishing for silver salmon sound good to you? This flyout fishing lodge in Alaska offers incredible fly fishing for rainbow trout, silver salmon, king salmon and more…The Kanektok River in Western Alaska is where this fixed-base tent lodge is located, and it is known for all five species of Pacific salmon, rainbow trout, dolly varden and grayling.
No matter your background, we’re pretty sure you’ll have a blast. You’ll be fishing within eight miles of the saltwater, so the fish are bright, fresh and VERY aggressive. You’ll be in for a battle, and they are jumpers.
When to go fishing on the Kanektok River
- Most anglers, like to catch a variety of fish species – mid June, through August, you can fish trout, dolly varden, grayling, and salmon.
- The King salmon run is the second week of June through the middle of July.
- Silver salmon are best in late July through August.
This special river is known as a fish factory by those in the know, and our anglers return year after year.
- Catch the Salmon Grand Slam, rainbow trout, dolly varden and grayling.
- Excellent King salmon fishing with a two-hand rod.
- This Kanektok River fishing lodge is located just eight miles upriver from the salt = chrome salmon.
- Fishing season is mid-June through August.
- Fast-paced action. You’ll catch LOTS of fish!
- Comfortable but casual accommodations.
- This is a great fishing trip for anglers of all skill sets.
Some of the best King Salmon fishing in the world!
When the Kings are running, fly fishing is incredible, because they’ll CRUSH swung flies (bring your spey rod if you have one, but it isn’t necessary). These monsters are hot, and it’s a different experience than what you’ll get in other rivers where you use upriver nymphing techniques.
Go in July for the Salmon Grand Slam!
If you go in late July, you’ll have a good chance at the Salmon Grand Slam – all five species of Pacific salmon, all caught on flies, all on the same day.
Both salmon and trout fishing can be done directly from the boat. For salmon, you will anchor up and swing flies, back troll plugs. When you’re after rainbows, you’ll fish ‘drift boat style’ being rowed by your guide. This is a great way to cover water. Fishing from the boat is fun, but wading gravel bars and side-channels is awesome as well.
This flyout Kanektok River fishing lodge offers spectacular Rainbow Trout fishing.
- The Rainbow trout are big, and they hammer the flesh, egg, sculpin and leech patterns!
- You can even ‘mouse’ for them with giant dry flies that imitate mice and voles.
- If you like to have fun, and who doesn’t, mousing should be on your short list.
Kanektok River Fishing Lodge and Accommodations
The accommodations aren’t fancy, but they are comfortable, and the food is “Alaska gourmet cuisine”.
You go on this trip for the great fishing, a high level of service, and the great experience, but don’t expect to be staying in a luxurious lodge. You’ll sleep in heated tents with carpeted wooden floors. The dining tent is furnished with gas ranges, convection oven, microwave, refrigerators and freezers. The Lounge tent is where you will hang out. It has comfortable tables and chairs, a refrigerator stocked with drinks, poker chips, cards, board games, dart board, magazines, books, a telephone, satellite TV and some fly tying material and equipment. There is also a drying tent, showers and sinks with hot running water and outhouse facilities.
The fishing guides are top notch.
They are motivated, dedicated and highly skilled. Besides the guide staff, the team includes mechanics and camp helpers, a gourmet chef and kitchen staff, housekeepers, managers and a dedicated camp host.
The gear is well maintained.
They run 16 to 18 foot flat-bottom Jon boats powered by 40 HP jets. They also have a variety of fishing gear available for no additional charge – fly and spinning rods, reels and lines, flies, leader material, even wading boots and waders.
- These trips operate from Sunday to Sunday.
- To get here , you will fly to Anchorage.
- Then take a flight directly to the lodge located on the Kanektok River.
- The charter flight will be arranged by our outfitter and is an additional cost.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
Our Kanektok River Fishing Trips Include:
- Guided fishing.
- Loaner fishing gear and flies if needed.
- During the second, third and fourth weeks in July, we offer a ‘fish with family’ discount.
- One trip at the full rate with the other one half-off!
- Trip Insurance
- Travel to Anchorage, Alaska
- Overnight stays before and after trip.
- Round-Trip Charter to the rIver
- Alaska Sport Fishing License
Photos from this Alaska fishing trip:
We look forward to assisting you in finding and booking an amazing fishing trip with the best guides and outfitters in the world. Contact us to get on the books.