This Colorado outfitter has so many elk hunting options it’s hard to keep track of them all.
These Colorado elk hunts range from migratory to trophy bull hunts during the rut on over 150,000 acres of private ground. The units you may be hunting in are 1, 2, 201, 3, 301, 4, 441, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 22, 23, and 211. Hunters can choose to hunt with archery equipment, muzzleloader or their rifle.
- Over 150,000 acres.
- Hunting is on private ranches bordering BLM and Ranching For Wildlife lands. The best ranches book really fast, so book quickly.
- Rifle, archery or muzzleloader.
- Success Rates: 68%
- Opportunity Rates: 75%
- Trophy Quality: Representative bulls in these areas are typically 4×4-6×6 branch antlered bulls with the potential for larger.
- Hunts are booked 1:1 or 2:1. Guides are very knowledgeable, experienced hunters, and most have been born and raised in Northwest Colorado.
- They also offer cow elk hunts.
- Access to world class fly fishing on local rivers.
Dates and Pricing
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
All Hunts Include:
- 2×1 guiding unless otherwise specified
- Meals – Simple, home cooked meals
- Transportation during hunt
- Field prep of trophy and meat
- Transport of meat to local processor
- License or Tags
- Meat processing
- Meat or trophy transport home
- Travel to and from Colorado
- Trip Insurance is highly recommended for any hunt.
Ask us about the Trifecta Hunt
Seven Days, Three Species. A North American Safari for Pronghorn Antelope, Mule Deer and Elk.
Like the idea of a great combo hunt in Colorado? If so, here’s the one for you. Elk, mule deer and pronghorn antelope all on one great hunt. This is a great trophy hunt for mule deer and pronghorn, and the elk hunting can either be outstanding, or tough. It depends on if they get weather or not. There are a number of options to choose from on multiple private ranches in Colorado.
Lodging and Accommodations
Lodging varies widely, ranging from houses to a hunting lodge depending on the ranch you will be hunting. Each camp is fully furnished with quality bedding and bath amenities.
Each hunting camp has a kitchen staff on site to provide scratch cooked home style meals.
- You can expect homemade biscuits and gravy, pancakes, omelets, and french toast for breakfast. There are a variety of juices and coffee served each morning and for the light breakfast eaters we offer cereal, granola, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt.
- Lunch varies depending on the camp you hunt from. Most of the camps send lunches with the guides. These lunches are typically fresh made deli sandwiches, brats and hamburgers on the portable grill or campfire, chips, sweets, fruit, and drinks. If lunch is served in camp you can count on homemade soups, stews, chili, burgers, and fresh sandwiches.
- Our dinner menu is what the hunters love most. You can expect prime rib, beef filets, fried chicken and mashed potatoes, stew and homemade biscuits, lasagna and garlic bread, pork ribs, and rack of lamb to name a few. All meals and sides are made from scratch in camp and guaranteed to please.
Meat and Trophy Handling
Your game will be field dressed and taken to the packing plant. There is no meat processing on premise, but hunters can choose from the following meat cutters:
- Maybell Processing
- HH Processing
- Brothers Processing
- Mountain Meat
- There is an on staff local taxidermist if needed. Price upon request.
Hunters Fly to HDN (Hayden, CO) Outfitter pickup at airport is available in Hayden only, or rent a car and drive to the ranch you will be hunting.
- The Hayden Airport does offer vehicle rentals if you wish to drive yourself to and from the airport.
- Hayden is approximately 20 miles from Craig.
- The main lodge is located about 2 ½ hours from Grand Junction, approximately 4 hours from Denver, and 4 hours from Salt Lake City.