Roosevelt Elk Hunting in British Columbia
Enjoy a float house stay while hunting monster Rosies!
This outfitter holds the record for the largest Roosevelt elk taken with a muzzleloader scoring 372″ SCI. Their record bull scored at 419″ SCI! If you are looking for an exciting elk hunt with lots of variety of activities during the hunt this hunt makes a great trip. As you cruise the coast line you will look for these large elk and access country to hunt that has little hunting pressure. When you get to these remote locations expect to use 4×4 vehicles, four wheeler, or by foot. Your lodging is almost as exciting as your hunt as your accommodations will be in float houses with hot showers! You can also fish right from the house as well!
- Hunt some of the largest Rosies in the world. The trophy quality on this hunt is unmatched.
- Success and opportunity rates are almost 100%!
- Combo with blacktail deer or black bear to make it even more exciting!
- Stay in a comfortable float house with hot showers.
- Hunt is for 10 days and us guided 1×1 or 2×1.
- Rifle Season: Oct. 10- Nov. 20
- Archery Season: Oct. 1- Nov. 20
- 2009: New World Record Muzzleloader Roosevelt Elk harvested scoring 372″ SCI.
- Outfitters Personal Best Bull: 419″ SCI
- 2011 Best Bull: 405″ SCI
- 2010 Best Bull: 385″ SCI
- 2008 Best Bull: 389″ SCI
- Trip Reports and Outfitter Reviews
Lodging and Accommodations
- Enjoy all the luxuries of home from your comfortable float house.
- After your hunt, kick back with a glass of wine and freshly cooked dungeness crab while you enjoy the beautiful landscape, or perhaps you’d rather set the hook on some hard-fighting fish.
- The food for this trip is truly an experience in itself as much of the meals are provided by the ocean itself! Don’t be shocked if most of your meals include lots of fresh seafood! Some of the seafood will include prawns, crabs and oyster!
- Special food requests can be made ahead of time, but the standard meal consists of fresh seafood such as oysters, dungeness crab with melted butter, trout, and red snapper which you catch on your trip.
Guiding for this hunt is available 1×1 or 2×1.
- Since much of the shore line you will hunt is only accessible by boat or float plane your guide will be providing transportation to and from hunt areas by boat.
- This outfitter has been running this concession for almost 20 years!
- These guides know the area very well and are dedicated to providing the best experience they can.
- You guide will also help you prepare your trophy for transport. Professional caping of trophy is also included.
All clients fly into Vancouver International Airport. If you are travelling to the northern part of the guiding area, you will fly with Pacific Coastal Airlines. Pacific Coastal Airlines have 3 scheduled flights a day. If hunting in Southern portion of the guiding area, clients take a 5 minute taxi ride to the SEA Air Float plane base (next to the flying Beaver restaurant). Flights can be arranged with West Coast Air or Tofino Air. Then you will enjoy a 35 minute float plane ride into camp.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Professional 1×1 or 2×1 guiding
- Quality food
- Camping accommodations
- Transportation during the hunt by boat or vehicle
- All field preparation of your trophy
- Cost of flight to and from camp
- Hotel stays both before and after the hunt
- License and Tags
- Rifle and Ammunition
- Alcoholic drinks
- Trip Insurance
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.