Kodiak Island Mountain Goat Hunt
The mountain goat population on Kodiak Island has exploded in recent years, and our success rates on this hunt reflect that.
Hunts take place on over 100,000 acres of private land. You will access the hunting areas with trucks and ATV’s which will allow you to cover more ground in a day. Don’t let that fool you, lots of hiking is involved as the goats will be in the alpine, so the better shape you are in the more enjoyable and successful your Alaska mountain goat hunt will be.
We hunt goats on Kodiak Island October 1st – 25th when their hair is at its best.
- This is a 7 day hunt with 2 additional travel days to and from camp.
- Your hunt will take place on private land.
- 100% success to date on mature billies (but that is NOT a guarantee).
- Trucks and 4-wheelers are used to access trails for backpacking into goat country.
- 1×1 guiding with guides who are local’s and know the area well, with a vast knowledge of the hidden trail systems.
- Mountain goat hunting on Kodiak Island is a DRAW ONLY so applications due annually between November 1 and December 15 the year prior to the hunt. Contact us prior to applying.
- Full refund of deposit if hunter does not draw a tag.
On this Kodiak Island mountain goat hunt, you’ll target mature billies, but hunt is either sex, any weapon.
You will see multiple herds of goats daily, while glassing high mountain bowls and ridges from various lowlands in multiple drainages. Once a good billy is located, you’ll climb into range. It’s a true mountain goat hunt, but accessible and manageable for hunters of most physical abilities. We have had 100% success on goats since we started guiding goats on Kodiak Island in Alaska, but success is never guaranteed.
Lodging and Accommodations
- Local town accommodations with all basic amenities.
- You can expect some spike camps as necessary.
- Home cooked real foods, unless spike camps are necessary, then Mountain House type backpacking meals are used.
- All guiding is 1×1, with experienced local guides. Rifle and bow hunters are welcome.
- Fly commercial into Anchorage and then to Kodiak.
- Arrive day prior to hunt date and depart day after hunt concludes.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
This Kodiak Island Mountain Goat Hunt Includes:
- 1 mountain goat. (Success is likely but not implied)
- Private land use fees
- Your own professional guide (1:1)
- Airport pick up
- Meals, and lodging during your hunt.
- Full refund of your deposit if you do not draw a tag.
- Hunting license and tags.
- Airfare to Kodiak, Alaska.
- Additional lodging before and after hunt dates.
- Trophy expediting and taxidermy.
- Tips for your guide, staff, pilots etc.
- Trip Insurance
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.