Idaho Wolf Hunt with Trapline Option
Hunting timber wolves in the Idaho Salmon River area should be on every hunters list. This is a wilderness adventure and a challenge like no other.
Hunt one of the most elusive and smartest creatures in the West. These wary apex predators will challenge you in every way as a hunter. The timber wolf of the Idaho Salmon River area should be on every hunters list if you are looking for wilderness adventure and a challenge like no other. Successful hunters will know their rifle and its capabilities well, as your opportunity at a shot may be out to 300+ yards. Physical fitness is also key as these animals do not usually roam in easy to hunt places.
Hunt and trap Idaho wolf, bobcat, coyotes and other critters.
When your not out wolf hunting, the outfitter and his crew can show you trapping techniques on how to catch different critters, like they did back in the days of Mountain Men who roamed these peaks and valleys before the settlers came.
- 7 full hunting days.
- Hunt wolves over bait and spot and stalk also snares are in place.
- Run traps for bobcat, fox, coyotes, marten etc.
- You get to keep the hides of animals you have trapped “No Trophy Fees.”
- Stay with the outfitters family in there log style modern lodge.
- Hot home cooked meals for breakfast and dinner. Bag lunches of sandwiches, chips, candy bars, fruit cup for lunch while hunting.
- Satellite TV and relaxing atmosphere.
- 1×1 guided, 4wd or snow machine transportation.
Resources for this hunt:
Lodging and Accommodations
You stay with the outfitter and his family at their home with the lower level finished for the hunters comfort.
Hunters eat their meals with the family, home cooked by Hannah the outfitters wife. You are sent out each day after a delicious breakfast and are packed a sack lunch for your time out in the field. Each evening you’ll return home to a hot dinner at the lodge. Mountain lion hunting begins early in the morning, and can last until dark.
- Lodging in the lower level of the outfitters home. Very comfortable and modern.
- House has WIFI and satellite TV.
- Home cooked meals prepared by the outfitters wife.
Typical Daily Schedule
The day starts early with breakfast served at 4:30. You will be hunting all day and spending a lot of time behind binoculars or a spotting scope with your personal guide. They also have baited areas where wolves routinely cross through.
- If you’re flying, Missoula, Montana is the closest major airport.
- Most hunters rent a vehicle and drive to Gibsonville ID.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Guide Service
- Game Retrieval
- Skinning of animals
- Hunt transportation
- 7 Full Hunting days
- Trip Insurance
- Travel to Lodge
- Idaho Hunting License and Wolf Tags
- Idaho Sales Tax
- Tips and Gratuities
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.