British Columbia Moose/Black Bear Combo Hunt
We have been working with this outfitter for years and if you are looking for big Canadian bulls at a reasonable price then this is the one. Recent surveys in this Game Management Zone have shown an increase of 2,000+ moose over the last four years. The bull-to-cow ratio is one of the highest in all of British Columbia.
Lodge-Based Moose, Black Bear Combo Hunts in British Columbia
- This is a spot and stalk moose hunt from 4×4’s, boats and/or horses.
- A black bear for free, including the tag.
- The average bull on this British Columbia moose hunt measures between 40 and 45 inches, however bulls in the 50 inch range are occasionally taken.
- Wolf hunts can be included in this hunt as well.
- The hunt runs from mid-September to the end of October when the mornings will be frosty; when the weather gets cold the bears are gone. In the fall you can combo with moose.
- This combo hunt takes place during the prime moose rut from mid-September to mid October, when the moose are responding to calling.
The lakefront hunting cabins are warm and cozy. There are two hunter cabins, one sleeps four and the other sleeps five. They each have wood stoves and access to hot showers.
Fly commercial to Prince George, BC (YXS) and the outfitter will arrange to have you picked up. Arrive the Sunday prior to your hunt and you will be picked up Monday morning.
We can arrange during hunt for pick up at Prince George Airport or provide a detailed map in the event you are driving. Upon booking your bear hunt, we will mail you our information kit. If flying, you will stay overnight and we will meet you in Prince George at 9AM on the start date, you will then be transported to camp to settle in, confirm your rifle is on and have lunch. You will then meet your guide and begin bear hunting that afternoon. Departure is in the afternoon on the last day of the hunt.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Airport pickup and delivery.
- Hunting license and tag.
- Lodging and transportation during your hunt.
- Field care of meat and trophies.
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
- Trophy transport home.
- Meat processing or transport back home.
- Alcohol (or extra trips to town to buy alcohol).
- Hotel before and after hunt.
- Airfare to Prince George, BC and back.
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.