Gila New Mexico Elk Hunt
This outfitter has access to thousands of acres of good elk hunting in the Gila and surrounding areas. With 30 years of experience elk hunting in Southwestern New Mexico, this outfitters knows how to get it done. You can expect mature 5×5 and 6×6 bulls, and every year a few lucky hunters take a true monster.
Hunt 3 Million acres of public and private land.
- Hunting season is from September to November, depending on the weapon you are hunting with.
- Draw hunt, but landowner tags are available.
- Trophy quality is good with mature 5×5 and 6×6 bulls being the norm.
- Guided 2:1 unless otherwise specified at time of booking.
- Archery, rifle and muzzleloader hunts available.
Elk hunting in New Mexico can be a challenge without knowing where to put in for tags and where to hunt.
It is important to contact us before you put in for the draw as we can help you locate the proper units to increase your odds.
Lodging and Accommodations
- These elk hunts are based out of the outfitters cattle ranch, located in the heart of the Gila National Forest.
- They offer tent camps, lodge/cabin hunts on private ground, and wilderness hunts.
Hunters typically fly to Albuquerque, rent a car and drive south to camp where they are met by the outfitter.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- 2×1 professional guiding
- Transportation to the hunt area
- Shipping of meat
- Meat processing
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.