Namibia Plains Game Hunting Safari
Namibia is the perfect destination for first time hunters, and seasoned hunters alike.
You will discover that Namibia is not only beautiful with a pleasant climate, it is the easiest, stable, safe and clean hunter friendly country in Africa. The airport offers simple in and out for your rifles and the excellent roads makes it an easy country to travel, making a Namibia hunting safari a good choice.
Depending on where you hunt, you will stay in a lodge or farmhouse with the owners of the farm, and the hunting WILL be exceptional. The owners are great honest people who specialize in spot-and-stalk bow hunting. They own 14,000 acres in the back yard with 100,000 acres in concessions and speak five different languages.
Free Range Hunting
Most of the plains game taken on this hunting concession are gold medal trophies. It is a paradise for Kudu, Oryx (Gemsbuck), Hartebeest, Springbok, Warthog, Common Duiker, Steenbuck, Damara Dik-dik, Mountain & Burchell’s zebra, Leopard, Cheetah, Black & Blue Wildebeest, Waterbuck, Sable antelope, Roan antelope, Eland, Giraffe, Baboon, Jackal, Waterfowl and Gamebirds. Hunting of other species can be arranged on request. All game is born on the farm. They do not believe in “put and take” hunting nor in “canned” hunting and are proud to uphold the tradition of ethical fair-chase hunting.
Safe, stable country.Why you should consider a Namibia hunting safari:
- A Namibia hunting safari can be less expensive than a Safari in South Africa. Due mostly to simpler lodging.
- Safaris are custom made to fit your personal goals for your Africa Safari!
- More low fence, free range hunting than is found in South Africa.
- 4th generation, family owned and operated.
- Clean and cozy lodging with a family friendly atmosphere and a swimming pool.
- Over 100,000 acres available to hunt.
- Specializing in Spot-and-Stalk archery hunts.
- Very exclusive.
- Hunting Season in Namibia is February through November.
- The landscape is breathtaking open Savannah, dry rivers, huge Maroela trees, and a Palm-like landscape.
- The Professional Hunter is experienced with both rifle and bowhunting.
- Hunt Reports and Outfitter Reviews.
Lodging and Accommodations
- The main lodge is comfortable, with spotlessly clean rooms.
- Each bedroom has its own bathroom, and a laundry service is available daily on request.
- Enjoy very good home cooked meals.
- In addition to their hunting lodge, they have a rough camp, with luxury tents for all kinds of DIY hunting.
- The outfitter will meet you at the International Airport in Windhoek.
- You will travel by road to the farm in an air conditioned vehicle, giving you an opportunity to see some of the country on the way to the ranch.
- Alternatively there are internal flights with Air Namibia 3 times a week to Rundu, which is a 2.5 hours drive from the hunting area.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Accommodation, full board; laundry service.
- PH, trackers, skinners, hunting vehicle.
- Basic trophy preparation and transport to taxidermist in Namibia, permits, and value added tax.
- Transfer from/to Windhoek Airport: free of charge. Limited to a minimum of 5 hunting days.
- You will need Yellow fever shot.
- Taxidermy, packaging, trophy insurance and shipment
- All drinks/beverages
- Rifle Rental (US$ 15 per day)
- Ammunition (US$ 10 per shot fired)
- Personal requirements, telephone, tips, etc.
- Skinning for a full, life-sized mount (US$ 100)
- Insurance and medical costs of any kind
- Overnight stays before or after the hunt/hunting safari
- Excursions before or after the hunt.
- Sightseeing/Photo safaris can be arranged as part of the hunting safari or in addition to the hunt.
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
Booking Your Trip
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.
Why You Should Choose Outdoors International
Our goal is to be the most respected, knowledgeable and professional Consulting firm in the Outdoor Industry; to offer the best possible outdoor experiences to our clients with outstanding, vetted outfitters; to promote ethics and conservation; and have clients who want to return and use our service again and again.