Black Bear/Brown Bear Combo Hunt Over Bait
This trophy baited bear hunt is usually booked primarily as a black bear hunt.A brown bear can be added for a trophy fee which you pay only on harvest or wound. These hunts are very successful.
- Combo baited/spot and stalk black bear hunt with brown bear on trophy fee.
- Western Alaska Mountain Range.
- Cabin based hunt.
- Trophy black bears up to 7′ and brown bears up to 9′.
- The season runs from April through October.
- Minimum 5 full hunt days fully guided, multiple bears available.
- All guiding, lodging, meals, and animal field care are included in the hunt price.
- Guiding is typically 1×1 unless scheduled otherwise. All guides are experienced, hard working and have field medical training. Guides will take care of cooking, animal care and packing. (Clients always welcome to pitch in!)
- Hunt Reports and Outfitter Reviews.
Lodging and Accommodations
- Cabin based camp for baited spring hunts.
- A mix of real foods and dehydrated meals.
After a hot breakfast, if you are spotting and stalking you will leave camp and travel the river drainages and areas around camp glassing for traveling bears or locate them feeding on the mountainsides. Baited hunts typically begin by reaching the stand late in the afternoon and settling in for a sit that can extend well into the night or even early the next morning. Our bait sites are large, comfortable permanent platforms that have been located at very active baits for years.
Fly into Anchorage from lower 48 and take bush flight into camp (included).
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Bush flight into camp
- Trophy field care and transport
- Travel to Alaska and back
- Extra animals/species
- Expediting of trophies from Alaska
- Tips for your guide and staff.
- Please protect your trip with Travel Insurance
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.