Trophy Whitetail Hunts in Kansas
The Kansas Flint Hills Units 8 and 9 have produced many upper-end Boone and Crockett entries, and trophy quality can exceed 200 inches. A year-round feed program utilizing protein feed, food plots, and free choice feeders helps to hold whitetail deer through the season into December when this hunt takes place.
Hunting is conducted from shooting houses, ground blinds, and tree stands. Only stands with proper wind direction will be utilized. If wind changes to an unproductive direction, hunter will be relocated to a new area. Hunt on 15,000 intensely managed acres in the Kansas Flint Hills. Kansas deer hunting pressure is light due to low hunter numbers in the area. This hunt is best suited for hunters interested in harvesting higher end trophies. Deer numbers are not high although age structure, genetics, and trophy quality is world class. Hunter success will typically be approximately 50%. Weather variables can drive success both up or down.
- This Kansas deer hunting outfitter operates in the northern end of the Kansas Flint Hills in units 8 and 9.
- Kansas is a Draw State, however, this area is typically a guaranteed draw.
- Book two years in advance and get a preference point.
- Outstanding trophy quality. Bucks can exceed 200 inches.
- Comfortable lodging.
- Can accommodate all levels of hunters.
- Excellent food.
- Guiding is typically 2 on 1. Guides will provide transportation to and from stand locations, and can sit with hunter if prior arrangements have been made.
Lodging and Accommodations
- Lodging is remodeled farmhouse.
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Laundry available
- Satellite TV
- Breakfast: eggs, sausage, biscuits, etc. Continental options will also be available. Coffee and Juice
- Lunch: Soups and sandwiches
- Dinner: Steaks, lasagna, roasted chicken, pork tenderloin, smoked brisket, salad, and dessert.
- Arrive at the Manhattan Kansas Airport (MHK) the afternoon prior to hunt and depart the morning after hunt has concluded.
- Airport pickup can be provided if needed.
- OR fly to Kansas City, rent a car and drive two hours to camp in Olsburg, Kansas.
Typical Daily Schedule
Wake up have hot Breakfast and then head to stand locations before daylight. Hunters can choose to hunt all day and take a packed lunch with them, or choose to be picked up and come in for lunch. You’ll be picked up by a guide after dark, and an evening meal is served.
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- Lodging, Meals, Snacks, and Drinks
- Guiding, trophy care, and quartering of game
- In field transportation
- All stands blinds etc.
- Trip Insurance
- Travel to and from hunting area
- License and Tags
- Shipping of trophy
- Commercial meat processing
- Alcoholic beverages
Photos from this Hunt:
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.