Prince William Sound Mountain Goat Hunt out of Cordova, Alaska
This is a great Alaska mountain goat hunt in Unit 6. Hunters that go on our Prince William Sound mountain goat hunts produce trophy billies every year!
The Prince William Sound area out of Cordova, Alaska has some amazing mountain goat hunting, but also some breathtaking scenery! One cool thing about this hunt is your base camp will be down in the river bottom. From there you’ll be glassing for pre-scouted goats. Once your goat is spotted, you will make the climb (hopefully just one time) to do your stalk. Often, you can get it done and only spend one day up on the mountain in a spike camp. This hunt has the potential to be physically difficult, however the outfitter works hard to accommodate his hunters.
This Mountain Goat Hunt takes place in Alaska Game Management Unit 6 in the Prince William Sound Area.
- Unit 6 traditionally has great trophy quality. In this unit, you can expect mature billies measuring 8 1/2″ or larger. The average Prince William Sound mountain goat taken is from 9 to 9 1/2″.
- This mountain goat hunt is also archery friendly!
- 7-day hunt, guided 1×1 (combo hunts are 10 days).
- High success rates for archery and rifle hunters. Over the years, this outfitter has had a near 100% opportunity rate! YOU WILL SEE GOATS.
- Combo Your Alaska mountain goat hunt with black bear, moose, or brown bear!
- This hunt has the potential to be physically difficult, however the outfitter works hard to accommodate his hunters. Base camp will be down in the river bottom. From there you’ll be glassing for pre-scouted goats.
- Over-the-counter Registration Hunt. Register Online. *All hunters must complete an online mountain goat identification course prior to the hunt.
Unit 6 is an over-the-counter mountain goat tag, and you can register online.
All hunters must complete an online mountain goat identification course prior to the hunt.
Dates and Pricing
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
Our Prince William Sound Mountain Goat Hunt Includes:
- 7 day hunt
- Professional 1:1 guiding
- Flight into camp from Cordova and from camp back to Cordova
- Tent and Cot
- Field preparation and care of trophy
- Alaska hunting license and mountain goat tag. *Tags are over-the-counter and can be purchased online.
- 5% Sales Tax on final bill.
- Flights from home to Cordova, Alaska and from Cordova back home.
- Hotels and any meals in Cordova.
- Personal and Hunting Gear. Here is a list.
- Transportation of your trophy.
- There is an extra charge if you are accompanied by a non-hunter.
- Trip Insurance is highly recommended for any hunt, especially in Alaska.
Lodging and Accomodations
- Your accommodations will include tent camping near the hunting area.
- The tent and cot are both provided by the outfitter.
- All meals for this hunt are also include in the price of the hunt and you can expect to have traditional camp food for your meals.
Our Prince William Sound mountain goat hunts are guided 1:1.
Your guide will be someone who is well prepared to help you to harvest your prized trophy. He has spent countless hours in the Alaskan bush and has guided all sorts of people.
In some areas you may need to be flown to a certain camp but expect to do lots of walking for this hunt. After all this is a very remote hunt. Your guide will also take care of you trophy, both field preparation and field transportation.
- Travel to and from Cordova, Alaska are not included in the package but the outfitter recommends Alaska Air, as they have flights leaving the lower 48 to Alaska.
- All of the transportation during the hunt will be arranged and provided by the Outfitter.
- When you arrive in Cordova the outfitter will then fly you to wherever the hunt will take place, and then fly you back to Cordova.