Alaska Moose in GMU Unit 19
Unit 19 has the potential for some amazing bulls with excellent genetics.
For years the Alaska Fish and Game Department regulations in this unit have been either a 50-inch, or 3 brow-tine minimum. Because of this, there is a real opportunity for taking a 60-inch bull, or even larger on this hunt! This moose hunting outfitter is dedicated to providing a great experience and helping you harvest the trophy you have been looking for. You will be tent camping near the hunting area, and you will have traditional camp food for your meals.
- Ten-day hunt
- Good trophy quality – The opportunities are high for moose in the 60″ range. The moose in this area have the genetics for world class trophies. *There is a 3 brow tine or 50 inch minimum.
- Tags are over-the-counter and can be purchased online.
- Bowhunters welcome –This hunt is also archery friendly so if you are an archery hunter this hunt comes as a truly exciting hunt!
- Combo Hunt – Add a black bear for a trophy fee.
This Unit 19 Alaska moose hunt is a great choice for bowhunters!
Most outfitters say they are bowhunter-friendly, but this one truly loves bowhunting. He has successfully guided bow hunters to trophy animals all across Alaska. From moose, to mountain goat, to brown bear, you can’t go wrong booking this one if you want to hunt Alaska moose.
Dates and Pricing
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
Our Unit 19 Alaska Moose Hunt Includes:
- 10 days
- Professional 1×1 guiding
- Flight into camp from Wasilla, and from camp back to Wasilla.
- Tent and Cot
- Field preparation and care of trophy.
- 5% Sales Tax on final bill.
- Licenses, Tags and Fees. *Tags are over-the-counter and can be purchased online.
- Ground to Wasilla from Anchorage and back.
- Hotels and any meals in Wasilla.
- Transportation of Trophy
- 10-15% industry standard gratuity tip.
- Trip Insurance is highly recommended for any hunt, especially in Alaska.
Lodging and Accomodations
- Your accommodations will include tent camping near the hunting area. The tent and cot are both provided by the outfitter.
- All meals for this hunt are also include in the price of the hunt and you can expect to have traditional camp food for your meals.
Guiding for this hunt is done 1×1.
Your guide will be someone who is well prepared to help you to harvest your prized trophy. He has spent countless hours in the Alaskan bush and has guided all sorts of people. All of the transportation during the hunt will be provided.
In some areas you may need to be flown to a certain camp but expect to do lots of walking for this hunt. After all this is a very remote hunt. Your guide will also take care of you trophy, both field preparation and field transportation.
- All hunters will fly to Anchorage, Alaska.
- If you are hunting unit 19 on a September hunt you will stay in town in a hotel. Then the following day you will be air chartered out to the main camp about 240 air miles from Anchorage. The air charter from Anchorage to camp is included in the hunt price.
- If you’re hunting Unit 6 during the special October hunt you will fly to Anchorage then on to Cordova via Alaska Air and spend one night in a hotel. The following day plan to fly into the bush via bush plane and be dropped off at your spike camp with your guide and packer.