Newfoundland Eastern Canada Moose Hunt
Hunt from a hunting lodge in the beautiful backcountry of Newfoundland in an area rich in moose.
This is a premier hunting and fishing destination in Newfoundland, offering hunts for moose, woodland caribou, and black bear as well as fishing for Atlantic salmon and brook trout. You will be hunting on the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland in a remote, pristine wilderness valley of the Long Range Mountains.
They have five lodges, all exclusively accessed by helicopter. Each lodge is fully equipped with electricity, hot and cold water, showers, modern kitchen, comfortable beds and linens – internet, phone and TV are available at select locations. The menu at our lodge’s features delicious Newfoundland cuisine prepared fresh daily by our professional cooks.
They will spare no effort to ensure that you have the hunting or fishing experience of a lifetime – it’s all about you. Guides are experts at calling and locating moose. They will spare no effort to ensure that you have a successful hunt.
- Remote location accessed by helicopter.
- Abundance of Eastern Canada moose due to low hunting pressure.
- High opportunity for success (over 90%+).
- Above average comfortable accommodations.
- Great home cooked meals.
- All-Inclusive Hunt.
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Guides & Staff.
- September until the end of October.
Lodging and Accommodations
First class accommodations for such a remote area. We operate out of five lodges, all exclusively accessed by helicopter. Our lodges are fully equipped with electricity, hot and cold water, showers, modern kitchen, comfortable beds and linens – internet, phone and TV are available at select locations.
*Hunters can also opt to spend 1-2 nights at one of our well-equipped tent camps.
Excellent Home Cooked Meals
The menu at our lodge’s features delicious Newfoundland cuisine prepared fresh daily by our professional cooks.
Experienced and Knowledgeable guides who know the area well. Our guides are experts at calling and locating moose. They will spare no effort to ensure that you have a successful hunt.
- Your destination will be Deer Lake Airport (YDF) in Newfoundland.
- Flights to Deer Lake are handled through Westjet, PAL Airlines, and Air Canada.
- Connections to Deer Lake can be made through St. John’s, Newfoundland or Halifax, Nova Scotia, or Toronto, Ontario.
- We’ll meet you at the airport on your arrival to the province, and bring you back at the end of your tour with us.
If you plan to arrive via ground travel, you must first travel to North Sydney, Nova Scotia and board a ferry with the destination of Port aux Basques, Newfoundland and Labrador. Upon arrival in Port aux Basques, you will drive north on the Trans-Canada Highway towards Deer lake – about a 2.5 hour drive.
Suggested Gear List
When you arrive, we want you to be prepared for whatever the wilderness has to offer. Once you land, you won’t be able to acquire any gear due to the remote nature of this hunt. It is important that you come prepared. That being said, it is also important to pack light – a maximum gear total of 60 lbs is strictly enforced, as the helicopter may only hold so much weight for the trip. Along with this 60 lbs allocation, you must also bring a Soft Gun Case to transport your firearms to the camp.
To keep weight low for your luggage the outfitter will provide:
All bedding between the lodges and spike camps, towels, facecloths, shampoo and soap is available on site, all meals and snacks are prepared fresh daily in the lodge.
Essential Clothing Items (The avg temp for September is 10.1°C / 50°F):
- Waterproof gloves
- Knee-high rubber boots / Waterproof hunting boots
- Long warm shirts
- Long Underwear
- Waterproof, breathable rain suit
- Shoes or slippers for around the lodge
- Wool/Fleece jacket
Essential Hunting Items:
- Firearm and ammunition OR Bow and arrows
- Small backpack
- Binoculars (10×40)
- Soft Gun Case for helicopter trip
- Shooting stick / Trigger stick
Less Essential items:
- Camera / Video camera
- Cash for tipping guides and cooks
- Lip balm
- Polarized sunglasses
- Sunscreen / Sun lotion
Photos from this Hunt:
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- 1:1 professionally guided
- License, Tag
- Helicopter charter to remote lodge
- Field prep/caping of harvested game
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
- Commercial Airfare (if flying) to Deer Lake, Newfoundland.
- Any Motel Accommodations in Deer Lake prior to/after Hunt.
- Meat Processing and Transportation/Shipping Costs of meat/antlers/cape to home destination.
Booking Your Trip
When you’re ready to book, if you haven’t already ask your Outdoors International Consultant for updated pricing. If it looks good, your consultant will write up a booking agreement for you.
Why You Should Choose Outdoors International
Our goal is to be the most respected, knowledgeable and professional Consulting firm in the Outdoor Industry; to offer the best possible outdoor experiences to our clients with outstanding, vetted outfitters; to promote ethics and conservation; and have clients who want to return and use our service again and again.