Eurasian Brown Bear Hunt in Croatia
Croatia has a growing population of Eurasian brown bears.
Gold medal brown bears are a real possibility and this hunt has an unheard of success rate of 90%! The trophies earned in recent years prove the exceptional quality of these bears, with fur quality values often surpassing 350 CIC points.
- This is a baited brown bear hunt.
- You’ll typically be hunting from stands over the bait. Sometimes at night, which is legal in Croatia.
- A Gold Medal brown bear is a real possibility.
Croatia is also officially recognized by CITES, and for that reason exporting your trophy is no hassle.
Brown bear hunts in Croatia are done either during the spring or fall from tall, closed and comfortable “high seats” over bait. Bears regularly come to feed on carcasses, so the success of this hunt is almost guaranteed, of course, given the Goddess Diana smiles upon you.
Sometimes in Europe, there are some spot and stalk opportunities, but we recommend hunting bait as it is more successful.
- Fallow buck on Plavnik Island
- Dalmation wild sheep (SCI)
- Wild boar on Plavnik Island are FREE!
- Wild, native Mouflon sheep are open all year.
- Chamois are available September through January.
- Red stag are available September through January.
In Europe, they use the CIC System which is a sliding trophy scale.
- Average bears square 6.5 to 8.5 feet (300-350 CIC) on this hunt.
- 400-500 CIC point bears are possible.
- Big boars will weigh over 640 pounds (300kg) and measure over nine feet (2.75 m) in length.
- The Croatian Record Eurasian brown bear scores 525.89 CIC points.
Dates and Pricing
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
This Bear Hunt in Croatia Includes:
- Croatian hunting license and permits.
- Transportation during the hunt.
- Rifle with a night scope is available for you to use.
- Croatian Hunting License and Tags
- Airport pickup (Zagreb)
- 4×4 transport to the blind from hotel
- Concierge touring
- Trophy fee
- Additional hunt days
- Vet certificate
- Non hunter observer fee
- Extra animals
- Trip Insurance should be seriously considered for any International hunt!
- Gratuities for Staff
Lodging and Accommodations
- This hunt is out of a hotel as there is no lodge nearby.
- Breakfast and dinners are included.
- Guiding is one-on-one.
- They use high-end spotting scopes and binoculars, (rifles are available to rent).
- Once an animal is taken, a call is made and men come out with a stretcher to pack the animal back to the lodge for gutting and caping.
- The guides speak 5 languages (English, German, Italian, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian), and the Outfitter speaks perfect English.
Travelling to Croatia is Easy.
- You will fly to Zagreb, airport.
- Once you’re there the outfitter will pick you up for a small fee or you can rent a car.