Mouflon Sheep and Balkan Chamois Hunt in Croatia
This is the best mouflon hunt in the world, hands down. Mouflon sheep hunting in Croatia is a real mountain sheep hunt, not a Texas high fence hunt for released rams. You will work for your trophy by hiking through rugged sub-Mediterranean scrub brush along the Dalmatian coast of the Adriatic sea. The coastal mountains of Croatia turn out some outstanding mouflon rams and Balkan chamois. Our hunters also enjoy hunting wild Dalmatian Ovan, or wild sheep with this great outfitter.
At approximately c.6000 BC, a feral population of semi-Domesticated sheep were introduced to the Mediterranean Islands of Corsica and Sardinia. The descendents of these sheep make up the population of European Mouflon that can be hunted today.
A Croatia mouflon sheep hunt can take place on one of several islands, and coastal hunting areas, as well as a few interior regions of the country. It is required that all harvested animals be measured and weighed to obtain more information on specific populations. On a Croatia mouflon sheep hunt, you can expect some altitudes of up to 6,000 feet. However, good road access to the hunting areas makes this hunt doable for hunters of any age.
- This is a VERY affordable, real sheep hunt. Mouflons on this hunt are even more affordable than an aoudad hunt.
- Mouflon sheep can be hunted year-round, but the best time to hunt them is September through early December.
- Chamois season is October 1 through January. They rut in November.
- Excellent trophy quality. Representative, Bronze, Silver and Gold rams are available.
- This is a spot and stalk hunt.
- Over 95% success with a 100% opportunity rate.
- This outfitter also offers hunts for Eurasian brown bear; red stag; roe deer; Dalmation wild sheep; feral sheep and wild boar.
Dates and Pricing
Interested in booking this trip? If you have not yet received pricing please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page. Please note that reservations are not considered finalized until agreed upon deposit is received. This ensures agreed upon dates and current pricing. Quality outfitters are in high demand so let us know right away, as some trips do book years in advance.
- 3 day hunt
- Airport pickup
- Tour guide/translator
- 3-star hotel lodging with breakfast
- 1×1 professional guiding
- Trip Insurance should be seriously considered for any International hunt!
- Gratuities for Staff
- Trophy Prep (Add for $100)
- Travel to and from hunt
- Lunch and Dinner
Lodging and Accommodations
You will stay in a water front hotel. You will eat local food (lunch and dinner is not included). Recommend you buy fresh bread, meat and cheese at the local shop with your guide on the way to the hunt area.
Travelling to Croatia is Easy.
- You will fly to Zagreb, airport.
- Once you’re there the outfitter will pick you up for a small fee or you can rent a car.