Brown Bear Hunting on Afognak Island in Alaska
There aren’t many hunts like this one! To be able to hunt Kodiak brown bears from a lodge is a rare experience that few get to enjoy. Afognak Island has a high population of brown bears and your guides know every nook and cranny.
If you you don’t like the idea of hiking to a high spot and glassing all day for bears, don’t worry. You’ll be cruising the shores with a boat. Their warm, comfortable cabin-cruisers are an amazing way to explore the shores of Afognak Island in search of a giant boar. You’ll spot tons of wildlife and even assorted marine-mammals.
- You’ll be hunting North Afognak Island, near Kodiak Island.
- Our hunters have had a 90% success rate on this Alaska bear hunt on Afognak Island.
- Archery hunters also enjoy high success on this hunt.
- Add a Sitka blacktail to your bear hunt.
- Spring and Fall dates are available.
- This is a draw hunt, and you must apply in November. We can help.
Dates and Pricing
Please note that your hunt dates are NOT locked in until a full deposit is received. Also, outfitters reserve the right to change pricing at any time, and that is out of our hands. If you are serious about this trip, send in your deposit asap! If you haven’t already received pricing, please request it here, and be sure to reference the trip number at the top of this page.
This Fully Customizable Wilderness Trip Includes:
- 10 Day Hunt
- 1:1 Fully Guided
- Cabin-based Lodging and Modern Amenities
- Alaska Hunting License and Tags. *This is a draw tag, and you must apply in November.
- Travel from Home to Alaska and back.
- Float Plane Transport to Lodge.
- Trip Insurance is highly recommended for any trip to Alaska.
There are three rustic, hand-hewn log guest-cabins that are very comfortably furnished.
- Each cushy guest-cabin has an ample living-room, 2 bedrooms (each with a queen & twin-size bed), a modern bathroom with hot running water and constant electricity.
- Reliable satellite TV, phone, FAX, and wireless-Internet services are also available for guest use.
- Also, a sauna is a welcome option at days end. Your hosts did all the construction from scratch.
- A rifle-range is available for sighting-in your rifle.
Hearty Meals are served family-style in the main lodge, with some lunches either aboard the cabin-cruisers or custom-prepared for your backpack.
Fast, comfortable cabin-cruisers, with accompanying smaller boats, are perfect for our Kodiak Islands environment and are greatly appreciated by both the rugged hunter and those who aren’t as rugged as they once were.
Photos from this Hunt:
All you really need to bring on this hunt is your weapon of choice, extra clothes, quality optics, personal items and a good attitude. But, if you’re interested, here’s a gear list for a typical brown bear hunt.